Mount Holyoke College
Math 200: Calculus IIA
Antiderivatives (Chapter 6)
- Antiderivatives. Notion and formulas for simplest functions.
- Simple differential equations.
- Second Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. Definite integrals with a
variable as the upper limit.
Integration (Chapter 7)
- Integration by substitution.
- Integration by parts.
- Practice on integration.
- Approximations of definite integrals.
- Improper integrals.
Applications (Chapter 8)
- Applications of integrals to geometry.
- Applications of integrals to physics.
- Complex numbers. Functions in complex variable.
Approximation and series (Chapter 9)
- Taylor series.
- Series. Geometric series. Convergency.
- Fourier series.
Differential equations (Chapter 10)
- Differential equations. Basic notions. Slope fields.
- Separation of variables.
- Second-order differential equations.
- Linear second-order ODEs with constant coefficients.