Triangle Inequality Calculator
How To Use
The Triangle Inequality Calculator
will determine whether a given set of distances between finitely many points contains any violations of the triangle inequality. If some distances are unspecified, the calculator will also give the possible interval of values for those points.
- Enter the number of desired points and, if necessary, a desired bound on the distances. Then click "Generate New Points".
- Enter distances between the points as fractions.
- Click "Calculate".
- Any explicit violations of the triangle inquality will be listed to the right in red.
- A range of possible values for open distances will be given.
- If the range is forced by a triangle then the third point in the triangle will be given.
- If the range is in red then there is a contradiction.
- If the range is in blue then there is only one possibility for that distance.
- Click "Back" to recover the distances present before last clicking "Calculate".