Applied Algebraic Topology Reading Group
Times: Tuesdays 4pm to 6pm
Location: Dreese Labs 264.
Contact: Roy Joshua, Facundo Mémoli, and Crichton Ogle.
Description: A reading group for undergrads and graduate students about Applications of Algebraic Topology to Data Analysis.
- Nadia Avery.
- Bowen Lai.
- Zane Smith.
- Ian Frankenburgh.
- Baocheng Wei.
- Samir Chowdhury.
- Woojin Kim.
- Yimin Hu.
- Muzi Li.
- Lu yang Wang.
- Corey Staten.
Schedule -- Autum 2015
- September 8th. all: First meeting -- assingment of topics.
- September 15th. all: TGDA seminar talk by Sanjeevi Krishnan.
- September 22nd. Ian: Gentle Intro to Categories and Functors. Woojin: A primer on Persistent Homology.
- September 29th. Woojin: Continue with introduction to PH. Corey and Zane: The Gromov-Hausdorff distance, with some computational examples.
- October 6th. all: TGDA seminar talk by Dena Asta.
- October 13th. all: TGDA seminar talk by Joe Anderson.
- October 20th. Baocheng, Luyang, and Nadia: Mapper, Python Mapper software, and applications of Mapper..
- October 27th. Yimin: Vietoris-Rips Persistent Homology for finite metric spaces, and application to Shape Matching.
- November 3rd. Ian:: Clustering and Hierarchical clustering: axiomatics. Facundo: Some ideas abot stability of clustering.
- November 10th. all: TGDA seminar talk by Krystal Taylor.
- November 17th. all: TGDA seminar talk by José Perea.
- November 24th. Ian: continue with clustering. Woojin: GH distance and stability of persistence.
- December 1st. Yimin: Stability of VR PH.
- December 8th. ..:.