- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellowship in Mathematics, 1981 - 1983
- November 2-3, 1984 AMS meeting at the University of Minnesota,
invited hour address: ``Summation theorems for multiple
- University Research Professorship, Mathematics Department,
University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 1987 - 1988
- (March 14-16, 2003), AMS meeting in Baton Rouge, LA at LSU.
Invited hour address: ``A new look at sums of
squares, Jacobi elliptic functions, and Ramanujan's tau function.''
- 2007 Euler
Medal for "a senior member of the ICA
[The Institute of
Combinatorics and its Applications] who is still active in research and
who has made substantial and important contributions to combinatorial
research during his research career". (March 16, 2008.
Award to be presented March 2009 at the Fortieth Southeastern
International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing,
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida.) Departmental
- Named a Fellow of the American Mathematical Society. Notified September 1, 2012.
Received January 11, 2013.
Stephen Milne's's home page.