MATH / PUBH-EPI 5421
Mathematics of Infectious Disease Dynamics
The Ohio State University, Spring 2016
- Course syllabus and logistics can be found here.
- Instructor: Joseph Tien, MW 536. Email: tien.20 "symbol" osu.edu (you will have to replace with the appropriate symbol). Office hours: Thursdays 10:30-12.
- Project topics: information regarding the project topics can be found here. Presentations will be Tuesday, May 3 at 12 p.m., in Denney 238.
- Midterm exam: March 9, in class.
- Class on March 7 will be a computer lab in EA 285.
- Chapter 3 draft posted on Carmen.
- Chapter 2 draft posted on Carmen.
- Homework 2 posted below. Associated data files on Carmen.
- Chapter 1 draft posted on Carmen.
- Homework 1 posted below. Associated data files posted on Carmen.
- Homework 0: due January 20, 2016.
- Homework 1: Exercises 1.1, 1.3, 1.5a-b, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 from Chapter 1 (Chapter1-Jan22-2016.pdf on Carmen). Due February 3, 2016.
- Homework 2: Exercises 2.1 and 2.1 from Chapter 2 (Chapter2-Feb14-2016.pdf on Carmen), and a supplementary problem on estimating the basic reproduction number for Ebola in Sierra Leone. Due February 24, 2016.
- Homework 3: Please write a one paragraph summary of what you would like to do for your class project. This can be joint with your other group members, if you've already identified people you'd like to work with. You are also welcome to propose a novel topic as well. Due March 30, 2016.
- Lab 3: for exploring in class March 7, 2016.
- Lab 2: for exploring in class Feb 15, 2016.
- Lab 1: for exploring in class Feb 1, 2016.